The Punjab Pulse Bureau
Col Jasjit S. Gill (Retd)
Col Jasjit Singh Gill, Member, Punjab State Task Force for Buddah Dariya Rejuvenation has appealed to all political parties to list out their Environment Manifesto.
“This should be a legal sworn documents with clauses for penalty and losing ones mandate if the legal commitments are not fulfilled as per the time bound plan,” said Gill
“It manifesto blueprint should have minimum commitment clauses including but not limited to on the following major issues as enunciated by Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji putting environment at the same pedestal as our dear parents quoting ਪਵਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਾਣੀ ਪਿਤਾ ,ਮਾਤਾ ਧਰਤ ਮਹੱਤ,” he added
Gill proposed the following action plan:
1. How are they going to stop the pollution of Punjab’s waters?
2. What are the plans to provide clean breathable air to Punjab Citizens?
3. How the party thinks to stop degradation of soil and improve Soil health?
4 Measures to be taken on emergency basis to stop pollution which effects citizens health directly.
5. The plan to make revamp Pollution Control Board to be corruption free and more effective with magisterial powers and own dedicated force to arrest pollution control violators .
6. Are they interested in establishing green courts and environmental police stations in major industrial cities to stop pollution related crimes like for eg.dyeing/electroplating industry polluting Punjab drinking and irrigation waters leading to cancers of different types thus resulting in slow murders say after 3 to 10 years of their having committed the crime of putting carcinogenic chemicals in Underground water aquifers or into sewer water without proper treatment to save on pollution control equipment and on repeated use of chemicals in the pollution control equipment used for reducing or eliminating pollution.
All manifestos should reflect the party’s time bound year on year plan for 5 years or beyond